Xapo is a global financial technology company built on bitcoin & blockchain with a mission to enable anyone, anywhere to take control of their money.
Founded in 2013 by International Entrepreneur Wences Casares (CEO) & Federico Murrone (COO), Xapo has made an unparalleled investment in security infrastructure, assembled a renowned advisory board, recruited a world class team, and raised $40M from top venture capital firms in Silicon Valley & the world.
Are you a self-starter who shares our passion for harnessing cutting-edge technologies to impact the lives of people globally? Do you dream of growing your career at a tech startup, while not sacrificing your work-life balance? Do you wish for a job that allows you to work from home, or anywhere else in the world that you need or want to be? Are you searching for a company that appreciates your individuality, and recognizes that we all have personal and family obligations outside of work? If so, Xapo may be the place for you!
Xapo employs a global, remote workforce in over fifty countries. We hire great people – and in exchange we offer autonomy, flexibility, meaningful work, a collaborative team environment, and top tier compensation. Do the best work of your career at Xapo – and still have the time to enjoy all of life’s special moments!
We are seeking an Android Developer to join our global team. This full-time position is planned to be remote, meaning you can work from anywhere!
As an Android Developer, you will be building components of our mobile app that will enable thousands of people to spend their money through their cell phones. You will help design and build key system services and applications that are revolutionizing the Fintech world.
We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic and top quality engineers; if you think you have what it takes to help take Xapo to the next level, then come and join us!
- 3+ years experience in Android development.
- 5+ years of experience in Java or similar language.
- Experience working with teams and code sharing.
- Passion for Clean codes, where re-usability, testability, and legibility are a must.
- Familiarity with an agile environment and using tools like git, jira, crashlytics and performance metrics.
- Familiarity with Pull Request/Code review environments.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- Experience working with Kotlin is a BIG plus.
- Experience with CI integration, tests, and static code analytics.
- Knowledge of retrofit2, firebase, data binding, butterknife, tracking.
WHY WORK FOR XAPO?
- Attractive compensation.
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Collaborate, learn, and grow with a diverse, global team.
- Achieve balance with our autonomous work culture and flexible hours.
Xapo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives is critical to our success as a global company. A diverse, inclusive workplace enables us to create products that best serve our customers all around the world. It is the foundation of Xapo.
We strongly encourage applications from women & minorities.