Retailers use archaic, old systems that don’t work (think fax machines and voicemails). We’re replacing the core operational processes with a modern platform that our customers love. Help us transform a $4.4 trillion industry and improve the way millions of people work. Major retailers like Gap, Nike, LEGO, and Old Navy are already using Zipline every day, but there is so much more to do!
We are looking for another Rails Engineer to join our team as the surface area of our product and infrastructure continue to scale and keep up with rapid customer growth.
“I think I just shed a tear. This is great!” – One of our Fortune 100 customers
Here are some projects we’re excited for you to work on:
- Defining and improving useful APIs for our customers
- Architecting the ETL process for retail hierarchy data
- Coordinate with engineering teams at Fortune 500 retailers to support integration efforts
- Performance improvements at the database level
- Evangelize coding and performance best practices with the rest of the team
- Collaborate with the rest of the team on new features that customers will love
What we look for:
- You have significant relevant production experience with large scale rails applications
- You have great written and verbal communication skills.
- You prefer taking projects from inception to completion, and are outcome oriented.
- You have a strong understanding of systems architecture, database design, and the ruby language.
- You are proactive with communication and have no problem managing your time as a remote employee.
- You are proud of your craft, and enjoy and value clean code that scales to keep large teams productive.
We are a seasoned team of senior rails engineers. The 3 lead engineers on our team have a combined 25+ years of working with Ruby on Rails, and we are constantly refining our craft.
The whole team cares about quality, and it shows in the way that we work. We spend time together focusing on simplicity, patterns, and fundamentals. We invest in finding the right level of abstraction to build a system that’s both flexible and powerful.
We care about each other. We go above and beyond to make sure that the things we build solve actual problems, not just that the test suite passes. We collaborate, work together, give direct feedback, and grow as a team.
100% Remote requires a level and method of communication that is different than an office environment. It requires us to be proactive, conscious, and to understand things clearly before jumping to conclusions. We strive for that on a regular basis and we’re getting better every day.
Philosophically, we generally align well with DHH and Sandi Metz around code quality, levels of abstraction, and the approach to solving problems.